We have summed up most possible solutions to Word opening problems. You can follow the solutions listed below and try to repair your Word documents manually before using any Word Repair Software.
Note: To avoid further damage, please copy the damaged Word documents for backup before manual repair, and work on the copy.
1. How to open documents by using the Open and Repair feature in Word
2. How to recover text from any files by using the "Recover Text from Any File" converter of Word
3. If you try to open a Word document which contains erroneous auto macro code, then the auto macro can not run properly due to this error, thus causing the document inaccessible. In this case, you can disable macros to fix this error. Enable or disable macros in Office documents
4. This article introduces a simple yet practical method to open blocked PowerPoint files. The steps in this method are based on PowerPoint 2010, but the method is also valid for MS Word.I can't open a PowerPoint presentation in 2010
5. Top 5 fixes for: Office 2013 has stopped working
6. How to troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word
7. How to Troubleshoot Microsoft Word for Mac